If you have a scrap car or truck resting on your property, you apparently have a primary idea of how difficult it is to get rid of it. If you’ve ever called a car removal service and inquired about the cost of such a service, you know it can cost you hundreds of dollars for the vehicle to be towed away.
Not all salvage yards charge money for car removal, of course. In fact, a lot of them will offer to pay you quite a bit for your unwanted vehicle. The problem with those particular companies is that they don’t always guarantee payment and sometimes you have to wait an indefinite period of time for things like getting your car checked out or having someone picks it up.
Overall, car removal can be a big pain if you don’t know who to call and what to ask them for. So, to help out, here are a handful of tips on how to find the right car removal service, without spending through the nose or risking your vehicle:
- Check their Reviews – Any good car removal service will have reviews online that are easy to find. If you can’t find any reviews, or worse yet, the ones you find aren’t that good, you’re probably approaching the wrong company.
- Inquire about Paperwork – Make sure the company you’re about to select won’t make things more complicated than necessary. Check to see how they handle paperwork, what you need to do on your end, and if there will be any delays due to the paperwork.
- Get a Free No-obligation Quote – Make sure you get a free no-obligation quote on the value of your vehicle. This could be done on the website of the company you select or over the phone, but the wait and see approach almost never turns out well.
The bottom line is pretty simple – if you want to make sure you get paid well for your unwanted car or truck, and that the car removal process goes smoothly, you need to ensure you choose a company you can trust and follow the process carefully to get paid the right amount.
If you can’t be sure about these details, consider redoubling your search and looking for someone in your area with the skills and experience needed to get the job done right.
Five Things You Didn’t Know About Car Removal
Car removal is not an easy process. Millions of people every year stare at the junk car sitting on their property and wonder what they can do about it. Unfortunately, more often they decide not to do anything. As a result, they’re stuck with a scrap are sitting on their property for years and years. But, there five things you don’t know about car removal, and how easy it can be.
- You Don’t Have to Pay – the most common misconception that car removal is that you have to pay money to have it done. However, a good car removal service won’t charge you a dime. After all, they’re taking your vehicle and recycling for scrap parts. Those parts are worth money, you shouldn’t have to pay to take them.
- De-registered No Problem – if you have a vehicle with No WOF, No Rego or even its de-registered. No problem we buy your vehicle.
- Its Fast – car removal doesn’t have to take weeks and weeks. In fact, if you call the people, it can be done in as little as 24 hours. The key is to find someone in your area is available, dependable, and quick.
- Your Car is Recycled – you’re worried about your car turning into a giant cube of metal sitting in a salvage yard somewhere, don’t worry. In reality, most scrap cars are completely recycled after the salvage. Fluids, electrical parts, and anything that can be reused are removed from the vehicle before the scrap metal is recycled.
- Payment on the Spot – the best part of a car removal is that you should get paid for. Most reputable companies give you money for your car removal, many times on the spot. Make sure you double check before selling the scrap car to ensure you a fair price.
Car removal does not have to be as complicated or wasteful as you may think. If you take your time, research a good car removal service, and make sure you’re given a fair price for your vehicle, the entire process is much simpler and easier to swallow.